Only Jesus Can Fill the Emptiness

 

Only Jesus Can Fill the Emptiness

Key Verse: John 4:14

“Whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never thirst.”

Good evening everyone.

I want to share something from my own life.

There was a deep emptiness inside me, and I tried to fill that emptiness with drugs. I thought drugs would give me peace, happiness and satisfaction.

But I discovered something:

Drugs could numb my feelings, but they could not quench my spirit.

For a moment, I could escape my problems. But when the effect was gone, the emptiness was still there.

I was trying to satisfy a spiritual thirst with physical things.

Then I encountered Jesus.

When I surrendered my life to Him, the Holy Spirit began to work in me. I discovered that what I was really searching for was not drugs, pleasure or temporary happiness.

I was searching for God.

Jesus filled the emptiness that drugs could never fill.

🎵 Music Can Lead Us Somewhere

This is why music and worship are so important, especially for young people.

Music touches our hearts and can influence our thoughts, emotions and desires.

There is music that can take our minds toward darkness, but there is also godly music that can turn our hearts toward God.

When we worship, we are not simply singing songs.

We are giving God our heart.

David played music and worshipped God. The Psalms show us how powerful worship can be in times of joy, pain, fear and struggle.

Sometimes we cannot explain what is happening inside us—but when we begin to worship, something changes.

Our situation may not immediately change, but our hearts begin to change because we are turning our eyes toward God.

So, young people, don't use your musical gift only for entertainment.

Use your voice to worship.
Use your instruments to worship.
Use your creativity to glorify God.

🔥 Don't Fill a Spiritual Hunger with the Wrong Things

My testimony is simple:

I tried to fill my emptiness with drugs, but drugs could not quench my spirit.

Then Jesus found me.

The Holy Spirit gave me what the world could never give me—hope, peace and a new life.

Maybe someone here is also trying to fill an emptiness.

Maybe with drugs.
Maybe with alcohol.
Maybe with relationships.
Maybe with money, entertainment or other things.

But I want to tell you:

What you are looking for cannot be found in those things.

Your soul was created for God.

So don't run away from your emptiness.

Bring it to Jesus.

And when you feel empty, don't reach first for the things of the world.

Reach for God.
Open your Bible.
Pray.
Worship.
Listen to godly music.
Invite the Holy Spirit into your life.

The same God who changed my life can change yours.

I tried to fill my emptiness with drugs.
But drugs could not quench my spirit.
Jesus did.

And now I don't want to use my life simply for myself.

I want my voice, my music and my worship to point people to Jesus.

Only Jesus can fill the emptiness.
Only Jesus can quench the thirsty soul.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Vision

Fix the Foundation Before Favor Comes

WHEN WE WALK IN GOD'S FAVOR

When we walk in God's favor

TITHING IS NOT A FORMULA TO GET RICH — IT IS AN ACT OF WORSHIP

THE KINGDOM OF GOD:

THE WOLF HAS NO WINGS

Pressed for a Purpose: Stepping Into the Year of the Lord’s Favour

Deaf to the Negative

Where Is Your Trust